Have you ever been in a hurry and haven’t been able to do anything presentable with your hair? Or maybe your hair is difficult and will never hold a curl? Or styling your hair just takes too much time? Well I am about to share with you 3 simple and easy hair styles you can master in no time! All three styles can be done within 10 minutes or less with very easy to follow instructions. Any hair type from straight to tight ringlet curls can rock them! Click on the pictures for a more a detailed description! (All pictures were taken off of Pinterest)
Style #1- High Ponytail: If you have long thick hair like me, then you know the pain of trying to wear a high ponytail. You need to double up on ponytail holders and have a killer headache at the end of the day when you let you hair down, well no more of that! This simple and easy trick will help make rocking a high pony that much easier and make your hair look longer!
- Split your hair into two sections, one for the top half of your hair and one for the bottom.
- Put the bottom half into a tight pony tail right in the middle of the back of your head
- Take the top section into a high ponytail on the top of your head
- The top ponytail will cover up the lower ponytail and you will now have a long, sleek ponytail without the headache!
Style #2- Top Knot Sock Bun: Every woman loves to wear the messy bun when they are being lazy or have a bad hair day, but messy buns aren’t always appropriate. If you are having a bad hair day but need to do something with your hair for either work or going out, try these easy to follow steps to master the sock bun!
- Take any old sock and cut off the toe part (try not to cut off a huge chunk)
- Put your hair into a high ponytail at the top of your head
- Roll the sock into a doughnut hole and stick over ponytail holder with the hair through the sock hole (see picture #2)
- Take hair and fold over sock until the whole sock is covered with your hair
- Take another ponytail and use it to keep the hair secure over the bun (see picture #4)
- You can take the access hair and either twist or braid it around the bun to add an extra touch!
- Use bobby pins and hairspray to secure the hair in place
Style #3- Braids Overnight to Create Natural Waves: Since my hair is so unbelievably thick, I barley ever blow dry my hair when I get out of the shower. One of my favorite tricks to save me the hassle of styling my hair and takes no time at all is to put my hair into either pigtail braids or a single braid while still wet and sleep on it overnight. If you have thinner hair, you can do a twist instead of a braid. Put your hair into a low ponytail and then separate into two pieces of hair and twist. I will sometimes spray some scrunch spray into my hair before braiding it to help hold the curl. When you wake up in the morning, take out the braid or the curl and you have effortless beach waves! It is so much easier than using a curling iron and you don’t damage your hair from the heat either!