Psst… Are you attending an occasion this fall or winter and looking for that perfect cocktail dress to wear? If you are then ladies I have some great news for you, we have them in stock! I am personally in love with all three styles and can not wait to try each of them on. I think they are perfect to pair with black tights and booties, or just a simple pump to keep it more traditional. (Also the holiday season is coming up and any of these three styles would be perfect to rock!) If you want to stay warm while looking great and feeling great then you need one of these dresses! Happy shopping ladies, xoxo.
There will always be those fashion pieces that will never go out of style, and can be worn through every season. Here are 7 of my favorite fashions staples that you should never live without! Happy reading ladies, xoxo.
- Men’s Blazer. By rolling up the sleeves on a men’s blazer, you can give it a more feminine look. Pair it with a girly skirt in a bright color and a silky shirt for a fun look!
- Trench Coat. Paired with a dress underneath, or worn over a blouse and jeans, a trench coat is a must have! It doesn’t matter what color, fabric, or fit you buy, you just need to have one in your life!
- Pullover. You can never have too many pullovers in your closet, so just get one in every color! It is perfect over a pair of jeans for a casual look or paired with black pants to make it professional. You can change the look from day to night in a snap by switching from flats to heels. Not only are they comfy but super trendy.
- Tank Top. Every women should have a whole drawer dedicated to tanks, I know I do! No matter the color or fit, they are an essential. Pair a loose fitted tank with a lace bralette and dark wash jeans for a highly fashionable look. You can also keep the look simple with a fitted tank, shorts and a trendy belt.
- LBD. Yes, yes, and a million times yes! A little black dress is hands down the biggest must have for any woman. They are so versatile and you can throw it on at the last minute. I suggest having a few different styles so you have options if you need a last minute LBD. No matter the time of year or what last minute occasion you have to attend, just throw one on and you’re set to go.
- Jeans. A pair of nice denim jeans can make you feel like a million dollars. They look great with anything and in my personal opinion, they are my go-to piece to wear all year. You can turn a pair of dark wash jeans into a trendy office look by pairing it with a blazer and heels. Or you can take a pair of white wash jeans and pair it with flats and a tank top for a casual look. I love jeans and finding new and exciting ways to style them.
- Leather Jacket. If you don’t own a leather jacket, then you must go buy one ASAP. I absolutely love my leather jackets and they will never go out of style. Just like the trench coats, they have so many different colors and styles that you can’t have just one. You should always have on nice black leather jacket but I love my fun colored and textured ones too!
Although I love summer, I have to say that fall is my favorite season because I am a boot addict. I love being able to wear my boots everyday with leggings or skinny jeans! Luckily, I found a boot that I can wear all year round and the best part… they are mini boots! Ankle boots have become so popular throughout the years and I think its mainly because you can wear them during every season. Wear them with a pair of jean shorts or a cotton dress and you’ll look like a total hipster in the summer. Then come fall, just match a flannel button down with leggings and the same booties! There is no better feeling than being able to wear a great pair of shoes all year. Below I created a little montage of pictures for both the summer and fall of outfits being paired with ankle boots. This is one pair of shoes that every girl needs to have in their closet! xoxoxo
When I use to get sick as a child my parents would always come to the rescue with Vicks to ease my congestion. We always had a stock of the tissues infused with Vicks, a jar of the the vapor rub, and my personal favorite the vapor shower discs. I’ve always loved the shower discs because they are so easy to use. All you have to do is place one on the floor of the bathtub and while you take a warm shower the bathroom gets filled with Vicks vapor! By the time you are done with your shower, your nose will no longer be stuffy and you can breathe! Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find them in quite some time and then recently I came across a homemade recipe for vapor discs! It is easy to do and they work just as well! If you hate being congested as much as I do, then you need to try these out. You’ll thank me later, xoxo.
What you’re going to need:
1 1/2 cups baking soda
1/2 cup water
Eucalyptus essential oil
Rosemary essential oil
Lavender essential oil
How to make them:
- Mix the water and baking soda in a bowl until it is a paste consistency.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into a cupcake pan. A silicone pans work great so you don’t have to use a liner, or you could use a metal cupcake pan.
- You can either leave the pan on the counter for 18-20 hours or place in the oven at about 225 for 15-20 minutes. Once out of the oven, leave out to finish drying for around 4 hours.
- When they are dry, put 8-10 drops of each essential oil on the disc. (you can add more of less drops depending on how strong you want the scent to be)
- Keep the discs in an airtight container so they won’t get soft. When a sinus infection strikes, just place one of the discs on the floor of the bathtub while you shower and you’re congestion will go away!
One of my new favorite spots this summer is Squeeze Juicery located on Main Street in the Village of Williamsville. If you are craving a fresh blend of vegetable, fruits, and other healthy mixes then you HAVE to go and try Squeeze. Their menu is simple and breaks down what is in each drink so you know what you’re getting and everything is FRESH and made right in front of you. They also have prepackaged detox drinks and juice shots. You can even add wheat grass shots, vitamin B12 shots and more to your smoothies for an extra boost.
Are you feeling a little hungry too? They also have refrigerated wraps, salads, hummus, fresh granola and even healthy gelato! I am not a healthy eater and never really eat veggies or fruit, but I love that I can get a smoothie that gives me all the vitamins and protein that I should be getting daily! The prices are reasonable and everything is absolutely delicious. I highly recommend trying them out if you are looking for that perfect summer treat. (My personal favorite is the “Pretty in Pink” that is a mix of Bananas, Strawberries, Coconut Milk and Greek Yogurt)
As women, we are very familiar with having a fashion crisis at the worst possible time! There is nothing worse than having a fashion emergency without having any way to fix it. Well fear no longer ladies because I have the perfect tricks for you! I easily made a fashion first aid kit so I will no longer have wardrobe malfunctions and you can too! These are some of the things I put together from my personal experiences. (You can find most of these products for cheap at places like Target, Walmart or even the Dollar Store.)
SUPER GLUE. Put a dot of super glue on a loose bead or sequin that you don’t have time to sew back on. You can find mini bottles of super glue that can easily fit into any clutch or purse.
DOUBLE SIDED TAPE. This is something every woman should always have in their purse. In a pinch, you can fix falling hemlines, remove lint, and you can use it to stop your shirt from revealing a little too much. It is easy to remove from clothing and your skin. Basically every department store carries this in stock and they are cheap!
BLACK SHARPIE. Scuffed your black heels? Use a Sharpie to fill it in. This also works if you’ve chipped a dark manicure. I’ve had those moments where I realize there is a bleach spot on my leggings or black shirt. Just color it in with the sharpie and no one will ever know!
HANGER FOAM. Stash a piece of foam from the dry cleaner in your bag- it removed deodorant, food, and makeup stains on fabric.
CLEAR POLISH. Got a run in your tights? A light coat of clear polish will ensure they don’t rip even more.
DRYER SHEETS. Keep one in your purse to kill static-cling from your clothing and even your hair!
WET NAPS. These clean dirty shoes, spot-clean clothes, loosen too-tight rings, and clean your hands in a jiff if you aren’t near a sink.
BABY POWDER. There is nothing worse than being out in the sun sweating and having your hair get greasy. Take some baby powder and sprinkle it onto your roots. Rub it into your hair and it will instantly get rid of grease! (Be careful if you have black/dark hair. Sometimes your roots will become ashy, just use a smaller amount and rub in really well)
If you have been looking for that perfect fashion piece that is not only trendy but also comfortable, then ladies listen up. One of my new summer obsessions is over-sized t-shirt dresses. Not only are they easy to throw on and light weight for summer, but you can dress them up or down! From throwing one on to go grocery shopping, or a nice dinner with the girls, they are absolutely a must have. I personally have a few different styles and colors because they are so addicting to wear. Pair them with sandals, sneakers, cute wedges or whatever you want. Not to mention you can wear them all year! Throw on with a long sleeve button up for the Fall or with leggings and boots for the Winter to keep this look going all year long! xoxo
Summer & Spring Styles:
Fall & Winter Styles:
Are you finding it difficult to find outfits that are both summery yet still work appropriate? I happen to find myself scrolling through Pinterest looking for styles that are fun for summer and still professional. There are so many summer colors and patterns for dresses, skirts, and pants that you can style in a ton of different ways. The best thing about these looks is that you are able to go from work straight to a gathering with your friends or a nice dinner! I took some of my favorites and put it together in a look book for all you fashionistas out there! xoxo
When I think of summer, I think of an ice cold beverage in my hands while I sit outside enjoying the sunshine. I love drinking beverages with cut up fresh fruit to add a little extra flavor. From basic water with lemon, to my personal favorite which is fresh strawberry lemonade. I’m going to share with you the quick and easy way to make the best homemade strawberry lemonade. Put it in a mason jar with a jumbo straw and sit by the pool and enjoy your summer time! Xoxo
What you’re going to need:
> 1 cup granulated sugar > 1.5 cups of fresh lemon juice (about 6 medium lemons)
> 1 cup water > 6 cups of cold water
> 2 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced > 1 cup of chopped strawberries, chopped for toppings
> 1 lemon slice for garnish > Ice
- In a small sauce pan, bring sugar and water to boil. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries into a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth
- Pour blended strawberries into the sugar water. Add the lemon juice then stir well.
- Pour strawberry lemon mixture and cold water into a large pitcher. Stir well and add ice to keep it cool. Pour into glasses and top with chopped strawberries and a lemon slice.
Summer is finally here and that means one thing in my mind, amazing new fashion trends! I am constantly looking on Pinterest and Instagram at all the brand new looks and I am just IN LOVE. The warmer weather means brighter colors, fun patterns, and lots and lots of maxi dresses (my personal favorite). Here are the looks that I am completely obsessed with for Summer 2015.
Two-piece outfits: We all know what crop tops are, but there is a new trend sweeping the town. I am in love with two piece outfits and it isn’t hard to see why. From high waisted shorts/pants or a sleek skirt with matching tops, they are ah-mazing.
Body suits: I own a body suit and absolutely love it. There are so many different varieties that you can pair with jeans, a skirt, or shorts. Once you buy one, you will just keep buying more. I personally love to pair my body suit with a pair of high waisted jeans!
Destroyed boyfriend jeans: Though this style has been around for quite some time, I feel like it is recently making a come back. I love tucking my boyfriend jeans up in a cuff at ankle length and wearing a fun heel with it! Pair it with a fun top and you look like you belong is NYC drinking a Starbucks while hailing a cab (very city chic).