Attention all high school girls! Prom season is officially in full swing and that means TT New York has already been super busy with prom shoppers! You may be thinking that it is too early to go out and purchase your prom dress, but now is the perfect time! One of the things I love about TT New York is that they have exclusive rights to their designers, which means you won’t find their designs at any other dress shop! TT New York also does event tracking for all the Buffalo, Rochester, Canadian and other surrounding schools! What does event tracking mean? It means that they keep track of every dress sold to each school and guarantee not to double sell the same dress! Shop early and lock in your dress for your school!
Happy 2017 fashionistas! As our 2017 prom season quickly approaches, we have noticed an old trend making a comeback! Floral prints are back in style and we have to admit, they are gorgeous! The patterns are a mix of both old and new with a fun twist that I think everyone will love! This year we are stepping out of the box and getting a lot of unique and unusual styles in! If you love diversity and standing out in a crowd, then one of these floral dresses may be perfect for you! Here are some of the 2017 styles we will be getting in that have that unique floral pattern! DON’T FORGET!! TT New York does Prom Tracking which ensures you will be the only one at your prom in your dress! You won’t ever have to worry about being duplicated when shopping with us! Happy New Year and happy shopping! Xoxo
I am so excited that Christmas and New Years Eve are right around the corner! There are always so many parties to go to, and I am always dressed to impress thanks to my job! TT New York in the Boulevard Mall just received a brand new shipment of holiday cocktail dresses and I bought three of them! There are so many perks to buying from TT New York, but mainly I love that no other dress boutique carries our selection! I like Express don’t get me wrong, but I hate nothing more than running into someone in the same dress at the same function. That is the biggest buzz kill of them all! TT New York’s cocktail dresses are so versatile that you can wear them more than once no matter what occasion comes up! I am going to share with you some of the new arrivals that are now in stock at our Boulevard Mall location! Hurry on in and try them on before they all sell out!
Most people tend to forget that it is courteous to bring a hostess gift when attending an occasion at someone’s house. No matter if it is for the holidays or just an informal dinner, it is always nice to bring a ‘thank you’ gift for the hostess! I always have a few ‘go-to’ gifts that I bring when I attend a gathering with my friends. (They are always a big hit and I’ll list them below for you!) You can find great hostess gifts at places like Homegoods and Target that anyone will love! I like making mine more personal but no one will turn down a box of chocolates or liquor either! Happy Holidays Fashionistas!
- A bottle of wine or a 24 case of beer is always a great gift! Wine/beer is not expensive and is something that can be served during the party or the hostess can save it for them self! I always bring two bottles when I attend a gathering at someone else’s house, one for myself and one for the hostess to keep!
- Homemade cookies, bread, or dessert is another great idea! Receiving something homemade is always more meaningful than buying a plate of cookies from your local grocery store. Plus it gives you a good excuse to spend the day in the kitchen! (My signature is chicken wing dip, it is always a hit!)
- If your hostess loves to burn candles while having guests over, than a candle is always a fantastic gift idea too! You can find Yankee Candle’s at Homegoods for $9.99- $12.99 and they burn forever! Maybe buy scents that smell like the holiday you’re celebrating or your friends favorite scent. (If you are attending a party around Christmas, I love gifting pine or cranberry scented candles!)
- One of my favorite little DIY hostess gifts for the winter is a mason jar filled with hot chocolate mix! You take a mason jar and fill it half up with hot chocolate mix and then fill the other half up with marshmallows! I always attach a mini bottle of Bailey’s to mine because who doesn’t love a little spiked hot coco!?
I can not believe December is already here! It feels like just yesterday I was excited about the first day of summer and now I’m already planning out my New Years Eve plans! Buffalo has a lot of things going on for New Years so if you are still undecided like I am, then you should absolutely read this blog! I did a bunch of research and came up with these 6 places where you can ring in 2017!
- Big Ditch Brewing Company- for only $65 you will receive 4 drink tickets, food stations and hand passed appetizers, Karaoke in the Beer Hall, a DJ all night, party favors and a free photo booth! Big Ditch is an amazing up and coming place that is sure to become a staple for New Years celebrations!
- Tonawanda Castle- tickets can price from $45-130 tickets and are also available for couples! You can get either a cash bar and dinner for general admission or a buffet dinner plus open bar for VIP. The Tonawanda Castle is beautiful and the rooms can be rented out as well so you wouldn’t have to worry about driving home later!
- Surrender- If you are looking for more of a club feel with music you can dance all night long to than Surrender is a great place to go! It is an 18+ event with $20 tickets for under 21 and $15 for 21+. Doors open at 9pm and there will be drink specials all night!
- Statler City’s Ice Ball- The Ice Ball is the hottest NYE party in Buffalo! Not only does it give you an excuse to put on a tuxedo and evening gown, but all of the perks are amazing. You will get 5 hours of open bar, food galore, a champagne toast at midnight, sit down dining, free parking, free coat check and so much more! You can also reserve a room at the Statler to spend the night in, and they are spectacular. Tickets are a little more expensive, but for what you’ll be getting it is well worth it!
- Salvatore’s Masquerade Ball- For $135 per person you can attend the Masquerade Ball in the Grande Bellamore Ballroom with open bar, hor d’oeuvres, dinner and live music. If you don’t want to spend that much money money, you can attend the Venetian Ballroom Gala for $115 per person! You will still receive an open bar, hor d’oeuvres, dinner and live music but for a little cheaper! Salvatores also offers a 4 course dinner special at their Italian Garden’s Restaurant for $60 per person!
- Classic’s V- If you are looking for something different for NYE than try Classic’s V! They will be having internationally inspired dinner stations, elaborate desserts and specialty drinks for $95 per person from 8pm- 1am! I hear amazing things about their food so I am sure they will not disappoint!
If you did not want to go anywhere overly fancy, pretty much any bar will be having a New Years Celebration! You can decide to wing it and walk up and down Allen, Elmwood or Chippewa and easily be able to find a place to mingle for the night! No matter what you decided to do, make sure you have a happy and safe night!
The holidays are right around the corner and that means I will be partaking in my annual White Elephant Gift Exchange with my friends! If you have never heard about White Elephant, then buckle up, I am about to introduce you to the greatest thing ever! Every year my friends and I get together to celebrate Christmas, or as we call it Friendsmas, and we always exchange gifts! Instead of doing Secret Santa we started to do the White Elephant Gift Exchange a few years ago and now it is what we look forward to every year! It is such a laughing so hard you have tears rolling down your face kind of fun time. I will break down the rules to you in this blog to better explain this amazing game!
- Each friend brings one wrapped gift to contribute to the game. It could be a gag gift or something your friends could actually get use out of! I have had friends bring cook books, liquor, sports memorabilia, gift cards and then the occasional inappropriate ones too. We always have a $25 spending limit so everything is equal at the end!
- Lets say you have ten friends partaking, you would put ten scrap pieces of paper with numbers 1-10 into a bowl and have each person pick a number. Whoever gets number one will pick a gift first and number ten will be picking last.
- My friends and I then sit around a dinning room table or on the floor in numerical order (based off the numbers we picked from the hat) with all the wrapped gifts in the center. It is easier to do it that way so you won’t forget who goes next!
- Whoever picked number one from the bowl picks the first gift and unwraps it in front of everyone!
- Once it is second person’s turn, they can either choose to pick a wrapped gift from the middle of steal the first person’s gift! Then the first person has to pick a wrapped gift from the middle and opens it to show everyone. Then it will become the third person’s turn! The first person is unable to steal a gift because there is no one before them to steal from, but don’t worry they will have a chance at the end!
- Keep going down the line of friends, and whoever turn is next can always steal an already opened gift or take a brand new one from the pile! Important rule: once you have chosen to pick from the pile and open the new gift, you can not change your mind and steal a previously opened gift! The newly opened gift is yours unless someone else steals that gift away from you!
- After the last person has finished their turn, the first person gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for an opened gift! Once they have chosen to steal or keep their current gift the game is over!
There are several versions to the game but my friends and I stick with the basic rules which are listed above. I listed another rule that some people play with the keep the game going longer if you want a little more competition added!
- Anyone who gets their gift stolen can either choose to pick a brand new one from the pile or can steal someone else’s gift, but can not steal back theirs. This rotation can only go on for three turns, and then it must move onto the next person in rotation. You can limit it to two turns if you wish to keep it shorter.
- Example) If it is the sixth person’s turn and they steal the third person’s gift and then the third person steals the fourth person’s gift, once the fourth person chooses to steal or pick a new gift the play is then dead. Then the seventh person, who is next in rotation, would then proceed to either pick a gift from the middle or steal a gift and so on.
Fall has to be one of my favorite seasons because there are just so many different activities to do! Now is the time to go out and enjoy the nice weather before winter hits! Here is a list of some of my favorite things to do during the fall and I highly recommend giving some of them a try yourself!
- Apple, Pumpkin and Pear Picking at Blackman’s Homestead in Lockport
- Buy Fresh Apple Cider
- Corn Maze
- Frightworld, Haunted Catacombs
- Carve Pumpkins
- Wine Trails
- Visit Local Breweries and try their Seasonal Beers
- Bake a Pumpkin and Apple Pie
- Visit Ellicottville
- Visit Becker Farms, Great Pumpkin Farm andPumpkinville
- Grill Corn on the Cob
- Walk around Delaware Park and see the leaves change color
- Haunted Hayride during dusk
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! If you want to learn how to say “I love you” in multiple languages, then keep scrolling down! Below I have translated those famous words into 48 different languages from all over the world. Shock your significant other by learning a new way to tell them how much you love them! xoxo, fashionistas.
English- I love you
French- Je t’aime
Spanish- Te amo
Irish- Graim thu
Scottish- Tha gaol agam ort
Welsh- Rwy’n dy garu di
Portuguese- Eu te amo
Dutch- Ik hou van jou
German- Ich liebe dich
Italian- Ti amo
Czech- Mliuji te
Stovenian- Ljubim te
Slovak- Lubim Ta
Croatian- Volim te
Romanian- Te iubesc
Bulgarian- Obicam te
Serbian- Volim te
Albania- Te dua
Turkish- Seni seviyorum
Estonian- Ma armastan sind
Belarusian- Ja ciabe kakhaju
Ukranian- Ya tebe kohayu
Polish- Kocham Cie
Lithuianian- As tave myliu
Latvain- Es tevi milu
Norweigan- Jeg elsker deg
Danish- Jeg elsker dig
Swedish- Jag alskar dig
Finish- Mina rakastan sinua
Icelandic- Eg elska pig
Russian- Ya tebya liubliu
Mandarin- Wo ai ni
Thai- Phom rak khun
Indonesian- Saya cinta kamu
Korean- Sarang hae
Vietnamese- Anh yeu em
Bengali- Ami tomake bhalobashi
Hindi- Main tumse pyar karta/i hoon
Hebrew- Ani ohev otach
Persian- Duset daram
Brazilian/Portuguese- Amo te
Afrikaans- ek het jou lief
Psst… Are you attending an occasion this fall or winter and looking for that perfect cocktail dress to wear? If you are then ladies I have some great news for you, we have them in stock! I am personally in love with all three styles and can not wait to try each of them on. I think they are perfect to pair with black tights and booties, or just a simple pump to keep it more traditional. (Also the holiday season is coming up and any of these three styles would be perfect to rock!) If you want to stay warm while looking great and feeling great then you need one of these dresses! Happy shopping ladies, xoxo.
There will always be those fashion pieces that will never go out of style, and can be worn through every season. Here are 7 of my favorite fashions staples that you should never live without! Happy reading ladies, xoxo.
- Men’s Blazer. By rolling up the sleeves on a men’s blazer, you can give it a more feminine look. Pair it with a girly skirt in a bright color and a silky shirt for a fun look!
- Trench Coat. Paired with a dress underneath, or worn over a blouse and jeans, a trench coat is a must have! It doesn’t matter what color, fabric, or fit you buy, you just need to have one in your life!
- Pullover. You can never have too many pullovers in your closet, so just get one in every color! It is perfect over a pair of jeans for a casual look or paired with black pants to make it professional. You can change the look from day to night in a snap by switching from flats to heels. Not only are they comfy but super trendy.
- Tank Top. Every women should have a whole drawer dedicated to tanks, I know I do! No matter the color or fit, they are an essential. Pair a loose fitted tank with a lace bralette and dark wash jeans for a highly fashionable look. You can also keep the look simple with a fitted tank, shorts and a trendy belt.
- LBD. Yes, yes, and a million times yes! A little black dress is hands down the biggest must have for any woman. They are so versatile and you can throw it on at the last minute. I suggest having a few different styles so you have options if you need a last minute LBD. No matter the time of year or what last minute occasion you have to attend, just throw one on and you’re set to go.
- Jeans. A pair of nice denim jeans can make you feel like a million dollars. They look great with anything and in my personal opinion, they are my go-to piece to wear all year. You can turn a pair of dark wash jeans into a trendy office look by pairing it with a blazer and heels. Or you can take a pair of white wash jeans and pair it with flats and a tank top for a casual look. I love jeans and finding new and exciting ways to style them.
- Leather Jacket. If you don’t own a leather jacket, then you must go buy one ASAP. I absolutely love my leather jackets and they will never go out of style. Just like the trench coats, they have so many different colors and styles that you can’t have just one. You should always have on nice black leather jacket but I love my fun colored and textured ones too!