If you want to ensure that you have picture perfect skin for your prom, then I have the perfect 8 steps for you. Your skin is the key foundation for any flawless makeup application, and it’s extra delicate so you need to take care of it! You can achieve amazing skin within a matter of days if you follow these simple rules. Happy Prom Prepping Fashionistas xoxo
- Cleanse– I know its a hassle, but washing your face twice a day is crucial! Cleaning your skin before bed cleans your pores which prevents any blockage, aka stops pimples from forming. Wash your face once before bed and then once in the morning to keep it healthy and pimple free. Just don’t over clean your face because then you will make your face oily and that’s not what you want!
- Toner– This is the second step to any skin care regime and its really important. A toner can be applied with a cotton pad to get any left over makeup off your face after you cleanse. This step will also unclog pores and ensure breathable glowing skin!
- Moisturize– The more you moisturize the better your skin will look. Do this step twice a day, especially if you have dry skin. I found that the oil-free moisturizer works the best because it helps to keep my skin oil-free.
- Exfoliate– Do this once a week for smaller pores and to get all the dry skin off your face! Exfoliating your skin removes all dead skin cells that will ultimately clog your pores, if you remove it before that happens than you’re ahead of the pretty skin game! Do not do this everyday because it could quickly dry out your face or irritate your skin.
- Mask– You’ve probably done these at plenty of sleepovers with your friends. An exfoliating mask is excellent to use once a week to help keep your skin smooth and healthy.
- Eyes– The skin around the eyes is the most sensitive skin on your entire face. To ensure that you keep your eyes looking wrinkle free, use eye cream nightly. Also your eye shadow will go on and stay on just from using the eye cream! You’ll look younger longer with this little trick!
- Water– Drink a lot of water daily. Water is a remedy for many of the body’s imperfections, but for the skin its vital. Drinking at least 8 large glasses a day can improve your skin and clear up acne. If you’re like me and sometimes forget to remember to drink water, bring a large plastic water bottle around with you and fill it up twice a day. It’s easier to keep track of how many times you fill up a 34 oz water bottle than how many glasses of water you’ve had throughout the day.
- Sunscreen– Sun damage skin cells so don’t let you skin go unprotected. Even in the winter months! Kill two birds with one stone and get moisturizer that also has SPF in it, you will keep your face protected and smooth without having to apply sunscreen daily.