In the world of dress boutiques prom season is in full swing! Yet some mothers and daughters think now is just the time to browse the racks and try on styles. Well, I am going to share a secret with you, SHOP EARLY. You may think that February is way too early to even think about buying a prom gown, but in reality you are right on track. The best advise I can give any girl who is looking for their prom dress is that shopping early really does pay off in the end. Here are 5 reasons why shopping early is the best way to go. Happy prom shopping, xoxo.
- Ordering Process. One thing prom shoppers need to remember is how long the ordering process does take. A standard special order can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks to arrive. Some dresses are in stock in our warehouse and are able to be shipped ASAP but others need to be made from scratch and sent through international shipping which could take up to 12 weeks. Shopping months before prom ensures your dress will arrive with time to spare! Waiting until the last minute could result in you having to buy a dress off the floor that may be too big and would need to have it sized down to fit properly (aka more cost in alterations).
- Alterations. On top of waiting 4-12 weeks for your special order to arrive, you also need to think about having alterations done. Alterations can take an additional 2-4 weeks depending on how many dresses are in line to be altered. The last thing you want to do is pick up your dress the week of your prom because you waited to long to purchase a gown. Buying early means having your alterations done way before prom.
- Event Tracking. TT New York does prom tracking, which means we do not double sell a dress to a school. Basically you won’t have to worry about a “who wore it better” on your prom night! If you wait until April or May to find your dress for your prom in June, there will be a bunch of dresses that were already purchased from your school that you can’t even try on. Who wants to fall in love with a dress and then be told they can’t buy it? That is why if you shop early, you get the first pick!
- Less stress! Nothing is more stressful than being weeks away from prom and not having a gown. On top of getting the tuxedo matched, renting a limo, finding a place to get pictures taken, and so on, you don’t need the added stress of finding a gown. Purchasing a dress you love months in advance allows you to focus on all the other aspects of prom that need planning!
- You get first pick on all the new styles! Throughout prom season, styles will get discontinued or become back ordered and you won’t have to worry about that if you shop early. 1. You get first pick on all the brand new arrivals. 2. You are ensured that you can still get your dream dress in.