When I use to get sick as a child my parents would always come to the rescue with Vicks to ease my congestion. We always had a stock of the tissues infused with Vicks, a jar of the the vapor rub, and my personal favorite the vapor shower discs. I’ve always loved the shower discs because they are so easy to use. All you have to do is place one on the floor of the bathtub and while you take a warm shower the bathroom gets filled with Vicks vapor! By the time you are done with your shower, your nose will no longer be stuffy and you can breathe! Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find them in quite some time and then recently I came across a homemade recipe for vapor discs! It is easy to do and they work just as well! If you hate being congested as much as I do, then you need to try these out. You’ll thank me later, xoxo.
What you’re going to need:
1 1/2 cups baking soda
1/2 cup water
Eucalyptus essential oil
Rosemary essential oil
Lavender essential oil
How to make them:
- Mix the water and baking soda in a bowl until it is a paste consistency.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into a cupcake pan. A silicone pans work great so you don’t have to use a liner, or you could use a metal cupcake pan.
- You can either leave the pan on the counter for 18-20 hours or place in the oven at about 225 for 15-20 minutes. Once out of the oven, leave out to finish drying for around 4 hours.
- When they are dry, put 8-10 drops of each essential oil on the disc. (you can add more of less drops depending on how strong you want the scent to be)
- Keep the discs in an airtight container so they won’t get soft. When a sinus infection strikes, just place one of the discs on the floor of the bathtub while you shower and you’re congestion will go away!