Are you looking for different ways to design your nails without spending money going to a nail salon? Well Pinterest has a whole section on nail designs with step by step instructions! Here are a few that anyone can do and still look like you got them done professionally! Check out our Pinterest page for more nail designs!
Thin Stripped Nail: Nail polish (2 colors), thin ribbon and scissors.
- Paint your nails whatever color you want the stripe to be (if you only want one nail stripped, paint just that nail the color you want the stripe to be)
- Cut small pieces of thin ribbon and lay across your nail in either a horizontal or vertical pattern
- You can use a coat of clean nail polish to help keep the ribbon in place
- Paint the color you want the nail to be over the ribbon
- Wait about a minute for the polish to dry before lifting the ribbon off the nail (add clear coat after to give a shiny overcoat)
Ombre Stripped Nail: Nail Polish (3 colors), clear tape
- If you are going to make your nails ombre (light from dark) paint your nails with the lightest color first.
- Once dry, place a piece of tape at a slant over the nail (showing however much of the light nail color you want underneath the tape)
- Paint the remainder of the nail the second nail color (darker than the first polish, but not as dark at the third)
- Repeat step 2
- Paint the remainder of the nail the final color (the darkest of the three)
- Add a clear coat over entire nail once polish is dry
Ombre Nail with Makeup Sponge: Nail polish (3 colors), make up sponge (one used with foundation)
- Paint all nails with a white/nude base coat polish
- Take nail polish and paint onto make up sponge (look at picture if you are confused)
- Take sponge and place over nail and hold for 10-20 seconds (you may have to do a few times to get enough polish onto nail)
- Once polish is dry, go over with clear coat to make polish shiny
- Use a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover to go around edge of nails to get polish off your finger
- Have one finger be painted in sparkles to make the ombre pop!
Nail Polish Remover Jar: jar, 2 sponges soaked in nail polish remover
And if you want an easy way to remove nail polish without wasting tissues or cotton balls, create a nail polish remover jar! All you need to do is place two sponges inside a jar (after they have been soaked in nail polish remover) leaving a hole in the middle of the jar. Rub your nail back and forth along the sponges and the polish will come off!! It is easy to store, doesn’t make a mess, and so simple to make. No more worrying about spilling remover and runing your counters or wood tables!!